Friday, January 22, 2010

Remember the guy on the Energizer battery commercials who shouted "oi!" at the end of his pitch and then you wet your pants in some discomfort but mostly in admiration and ran to Storehouse Market to buy as many packages of Energizer batteries as you could fit in your grubby hands? Remember that? Maybe what you don't remember is his song called "I'm an individual" which reached #1 on the Australian singles chart. Read that again. #1. When you watch this video, realize how awesome Australia is for allowing this song to do so well.

Will someone point out to this guy that a song is usually better when the music behind the lyrics is interesting and good? Oi! (You just wet your pants a bit, huh?)

7 comments:

Joel's Other Sister said...

I don't believe that it was number one anywhere. You can't make me believe that.

And doesn't he look like he's some, um, bladder retention issues at 1:03?

You may have to pause it to really see.

Tight pants? Eww.

Joel's Other Sister said...

One thing to add about the tight pants, he certainly doesn't seem to have a lot to show off (thank goodness for us) so why the penchant for them?

mandi said...

HA! about the bladder retention issues. I'm glad you made me notice that. But why are you so intent on staring at his crotch, Sasha? Hmmm?

Punch dancing! Is good.

Someone yelling = song. The geniuses that produced this told him, "There's no need to have a good singing voice on this record - just yell it." Good call.

You are the Australians that listened to this more than once.

Joel's Other Sister said...

There isn't a crotch to stare at is my point. It draws the eye because of its lackness.

I often notice things like that or when people have their fly open. Its a problem for me. I'm going to get professional help for it. I don't like noticing that.

Joel said...

Was his formal education in competition dance? If this video is any indication, then yes. And he passed with flying colors.

Joel's Other Sister said...

I think we three are the only ones who read this blog. Sad.

mandi said...

That's what I like most about this blog, Sasha! No retarded cousins to leave their neat comments, "Huh? I don't get it duurrrrrh." You must realize how small a percentage of the world truly realizes. We are a small, yet powerful club of realizers. Now go forth and realize.