Friday, February 05, 2010

You know when you have a song stuck in your head for hours (or days or weeks)? I've had this unfortunate experience happen a lot. Its ok when its a song you like at least, but when its the Mr Roger's Neighborhood theme or The Mexican Hat Dance and its for weeks on end, it can drive you insane. I know this from personal experience and have Joel to thank for helping the experience last so long.

So I've finally realized what the name of this phenomenon is. Its called Earworm. I think that's an appropriate name. And I think we need a Low Quality song about it. Hopefully one that incorporates Mr. Roger's Neighborhood and The Mexican Hat Dance themes into it.

More info here at my second fave website

3 comments:

Joel said...

It's my friend the earworm! I'll start work* on a new LQSD about it. Stay tuned!

By "start work" I mean "let it stew in my head for approximately 38 years and see if anything ever comes of it"

mandi said...

DO IT NOW!!!!! I command you to dream the tune tonight!

Joel said...

k